Rescue Diver Course
Get Your Rescue Diver Certification!
Rewarding and fun – that best describes the PADI Rescue Diver course. This course will expand your knowledge and experience level: Rescue Divers learn to look beyond themselves and consider the safety and well being of other divers. Although this course is serious, it is an enjoyable way to build your confidence. This course is also available through PADI eLearning so you can take the class portion at your own pace. Please inquire with us for details.
About This Course
|Course Name:||Rescue Diver|
|Course Price:||Call Us! (858) 565-6054|
Learn More About Our Rescue Diver Course!
What qualifications do I need to start?
- You can enroll in the Rescue Diver Course as a certified Open Water Diver (or have a qualifying certification from another training organization) and participate in the Rescue Diver knowledge development and rescue training sessions, in confined water only, while working on your Advanced Open Water Diver certification.
- To participate in the rescue training sessions in open water, and to participate in the open water rescue scenarios, you must be certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or have a qualifying certification from another training organization.
- Minimum age: 15 years old (12 for PADI Junior Rescue Diver)
- Successful completion of a sanctioned CPR program within the past 24 months. The Emergency First Response Primary Care (CPR) and Secondary Care (First Aid) courses meet these requirements.
What will I do?
Rescue Diver training will prepare you to prevent problems and, if necessary, manage dive emergencies. During the class and in-water sessions, you’ll cover:
- Self-rescue and diver stress
- Emergency oxygen delivery systems
- Dive first aid
- Swimming and non-swimming rescue techniques
- Emergency management and equipment
- Panicked diver response
- Underwater problems
- Missing diver procedures
- Surfacing the unconscious diver
- In-water rescue breathing protocols
- First aid procedures for pressure related accidents
- Dive accident scenarios
How long will it take?
- Recommended Course Hours: 25
- Minimum Open Water Training: mastery of 10 skills and 2 realistic scenario practices over one or two days
What will I need?
- PADI Rescue Diver Crew-Pak (includes required pocket mask)
- PADI Rescue Diver DVD
- PIC Certification Card
- Rentals are available for 1/2 price