About the PADI 3 Week Open Water Course
Ocean Enterprises has been training new divers in San Diego for more than 30 years! Now is the time for you to dive into the PADI Open Water Diver course and begin your world of exploration underwater! Whether you want to dive with colorful fish, whale sharks, or manta rays, as a PADI Open Water Diver you have the freedom to dive with a buddy anywhere in the world!
What Qualifications Do I Need to Start?
- Virtually anyone who is in good health, reasonably fit, and comfortable in the water can earn a PADI Open Water Diver certification. If you are between 10 and 14 or have a child between these ages, there is a PADI Junior Open Water Diver program available.
- A PADI Jr Open Water Diver between the ages of 10 and 11 years may only dive with a PADI Professional, a certified parent or certified guardian to a maximum depth of 12 metres/40 feet.
- PADI MEDICAL STATEMENT. Please Review this document PRIOR to arriving at orientation. If you answer YES to any of the questions listed YOU MUST obtain a physicians clearance prior to any in water training. No Exceptions. Click Here to Download the Medical Questionnaire
How Long Will it Take?
PADI programs are performance based. You proceed as you demonstrate mastery of the course skills. This allows you to work at a pace that is comfortable for you. Our 3 week courses are based on a Mon/Wen/Sat schedule with all ocean dives scheduled for the weekend. With the 3 Week Schedule, you will:
- Orientation Night: A few days prior to class, you will meet your Instructor and fellow divers in training. 6:30pm-8:00pm at Ocean Enterprises
- Class 1-3: We will meet at Ocean Enterprises from 6:30pm to 10:00pm for Class.
- Pool 1: We will meet at the pool from 7:30-10:00pm.
- Pool 2: We will meet at the pool from 7:30-10:00pm.
- Pool 3: We will meet at the pool from 7:30-10:00pm.
- Ocean Dives 1/2: We will meet at La Jolla shores for dives 1 and 2. 6:00am-12:00pm.
- Class 4/5: We will meet at Ocean Enterprises from 6:30pm to 10:00pm for Class.
- Pool 4/5: We will meet at the pool from 7:30-10:00pm.
- Ocean Dives 3/4: We will meet at La Jolla shores for dives 3 and 4. 6:00am-12:00pm. Congrats your certified!
What Will I Need?
What Diving Equipment Will I Need?
PADI Open Water Crew-Pak
PADI Open Water DVD
PIC Certification Card
Ocean Enterprises will deliver the scuba equipment to the pool and ocean sessions. There is no extra charge for use of the rental equipment. You are responsible for your mask, snorkel, fins, wet suit boots and gloves. We have a large selection to choose from, and offer many student specials.
* Open Water Crew-Pak and Open Water DVD must be purchased if non-eLearner. Everyone will need a log book.