About the Tusa DC Sapience II Computer
The IQ-850 DC Sapience II builds on the full-featured IQ-800 and adds even more enhancements including a dot-matrix display. The DC Sapience series is the world's first dive computers offering a vibration warning function, an exclusive from TUSA.
Have you ever heard a warning sound while diving, but couldn't work out where it came from? Have you ever been distracted by the alarms of other divers going off all around you?
The IQ-850 DC Sapience II dive computer eliminates these problems with it's vibration warning function. It is similar to the vibration function on a cellular phone. By vibrating, the computer gives accurate and unmistakable warning information to the user. Of course, the traditional audible alarm can also be selected.
The DC Sapience II is the perfect instrument for the smart diver. It is enhanced by the ultra-thin body and a large, highly legible display with dot-matrix panel reporting 12 tissue compartment loading and messages ensuring the utmost safety. Regardless of diving experience or age, this is the ultimate user-friendly dive computer.
- Advanced ultra-thin wrist computer
- Air, Nitrox, Gauge, and Time Operating Modes
- Dot matrix tissue compartment/message display window
- 2 Mix Switching Feature: Mix 1 (Air, 21-99%), Mix 2 (21-99%)
- Large alphanumeric and backlit display
- Vibration, Audible and Flashing Alarms
- 25 dive/hour Log memory
- Manual or Water-Activation
- Advanced user safety settings and alarms
- Automatic altitude adjustment to 19,680'/6000m
- No fly icon, residual nitrogen discharge display
- PC downloadable with TUSA DiveLogbook software*
- Variable Ascent Rate Indicator
- User-replaceable battery with hot-swap (Battery: CR2032)
- TUSA Algorithm based on 12 compartment Swiss-Bohrer model
- *USB PC interface unit IQ-800PC is necessary, sold separately
- Nitrogen Saturation During Dives (Alternate image 1 at left)
The IQ-850 monitors and displays 12 tissue compartments and the corresponding saturation levels of each during a dive allowing the user to know exact information for a safe dive.
- Residual Nitrogen Display at Altitude (Alternate image 2 at left)
This example illustrates the IQ-850 12 tissue compartment display and residual nitrogen at altitude. The minus "-" above each line illustrates off-gassing and the corresponding loading level.
- Warning/Message Display (Alternate image 3 at left)
The IQ-850's highly legible dot-matrix display ensures the user can easily and quickly read warnings or messages.