Advanced Open Water Course
Get Your Advanced Open Water Certification!
Learn More About Our Advanced Open Water Course!
Why Advanced Open Water Diver?
After your five dives, you’ll be more experienced, feel more comfortable in the water and simply enjoy diving more because you better understand the underwater environment. The Ocean Enterprises Advanced Open Water Course has NO class sessions, only one orientation session. The home study and simple knowledge reviews make the bookwork easy. The course is mainly focused on the adventure dives that you choose to experience with your Instructor.
Express Course or Standard Course?
We are now offering two different class schedules for the Advanced Open Water course. Students may now choose to complete the course in a single weekend or over the course of two weekends. Please see below for the differences and requirements of the two schedule types:
|Standard Course||Express Course|
- Training completed in 3 days over 2 weekends (i.e. Saturday 2 dives, following Friday 1 night dive, Saturday or Sunday 2 dives)
- Training completed in 2 days over 1 weekend (5 dives in a single weekend)
- 15 logged open water dives minimum recommended
- Diver must be capable of doing 3 dives in a 24 hour period
- Age 15 and up recommended
What qualifications do I need to start?
- PADI Open Water Diver certification (or qualifying certification from another organization)
- Minimum age: 15 (12 for PADI Junior Advanced Open Water Diver)
What will I do?
This certification includes five Adventure Dives, including the Deep Adventure Dive, the Underwater Navigator Adventure Dive and three of the following:
- Altitude Diver
- Boat Diver
- Drift Diver
- Deep Diver
- Dry Suit Diver
- Diver Propulsion Vehicle
- Multilevel Diver
- Night Diver
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
- Search and Recovery Diver
- Underwater Naturalist
- Underwater Videographer
- Underwater Photographer
- Underwater Navigator
- AWARE Fish Identification
How long will it take?
- You can complete the training in one weekend, or over two Saturdays or Sundays
- Minimum Open Water Training: five dives over two days
- PADI eLearning option is available - take classroom online at your own pace.
What is the Catalina Advanced Course?
- Ocean Enterprises offers the advanced course with a one/two day Catalina Island trip.
- The Catalina Island trip offers the best in types of dives to choose from, plus the added excitement of being on Catalina to relax. Let us enhance your diving experience with some of the best dives Catalina Island has to offer.
What will I need?
- Purchase Course & PIC Certification Card
- Adventures in Diving Crew-Pak, or Multi Media Crew-Pak.
- Log book
- A compass
- Charter Boat Ticket (If required)
- Data Carrier Slates
- Underwater light and glow stick if doing a night dive
- Rentals are available for 1/2 price